This is the privacy and cookies policy of Maja Deli Ltd, and in this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Maja Deli. For the purposes of data protection legislation, the “Data Controller” is Maja Deli. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09683410. Maja Deli Ltd, Unit 34 Metropolitan Centre, Taunton Road, UB6 8UQ, Greenford
What this Policy covers
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data. That’s why we’ve developed this privacy and cookies policy (“Policy”), which:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains when and why we will share personal data with others
- explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
This Policy applies to you if you being, a member of the Maja Loyalty Program
Parts of this Policy also apply to our store CCTV systems where they capture footage of you.
Information We Collect
When you register to our website, you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including your postal and home addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and title
- Information relating to your membership of Maja Loyalty Program
- Your account login details, such as your username and the password that you have chosen
When you browse our Website, we may collect:
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Website
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Website (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
When you use Loyalty Card to shop with us, we may collect:
- Transaction information, including the in-store purchases you earn loyalty points for and how you use your Loyalty Card
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or reviews about our Services, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about (for example, your name, username and contact details), including by phone, email
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys or reviews
When you visit our stores:
- footage of you may be recorded on our CCTV system
How and why we use personal data
This section explains in detail how and why we use personal data. We use personal data to:
Make our Services available to you
This means that processing your personal data allows us to:
- Manage the accounts you hold with us, including your Maja Loyalty account
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We need to process your personal data so that we can manage Maja Loyalty account.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
- Manage and improve our Websites
Contact and interact with you
- Contact you about our Services or Products, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We want to serve you better as a customer so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications
- Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and Retail Partners.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We need to process your personal data so that we can manage the promotions and competitions you choose to enter.
- To monitor the safety of our stores in order to prevent and detect crime and anti-social behaviour.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? In order to protect our business, our staff, the local community and customers.
How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt all the information which you provide to us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar
- We apply physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data;
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it;
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to keep this data safe;
- We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their responsibilities;
- We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security;
Cookies and similar technologies
Our sites use a number of different cookies. Below we explain the cookies we use and why we use them.
Cookies are small files that are stored on your device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when you visit our website. Cookies do not harm your computer and do not contain viruses, trojans or any other malicious software. Information is stored in the cookie that results in each case in connection with the specific device used.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted manually or automatically.
- Session cookies
Session cookies remain on your device until you close your browser when they are automatically deleted.
Cookies we use and why we use them
- Essential cookies
Essential cookies are technical cookies that are required for the operation of our sites. Without essential cookies our sites can’t operate properly. Essential cookies include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas eg.
- Performance cookies
Performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our sites and to see how visitors move around them. This helps us to improve the way our sites work by enabling us to tailor our sites to the way visitors use them. The information we collect from performance cookies is aggregated which means that we cannot identify you from it.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or to always show a message before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies may however mean that you will not be able to use all the functions of our website.
For more information on cookies or on instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser, please refer to various specific websites on the internet, such as http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
You have a right to access the personal information that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information Maja Deli holds about you, please email us at email@example.com enclosing your details and the details of your request.
Alternatively you can write to us at the following address:
Unit 34 Metropolitan Centre
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone +44 208 813 26 04